Monday, August 4, 2014

THE WEIGHT OF GOD'S LOVE



I had the honor of serving today at Church.  When we moved from Colorado and I left my Church of 10 years behind, I knew I had to plug into a community quickly, and GOD placed it on my heart to reach out and start serving right away.  I am in the process of learning to be a Greeter: you know, the men and women who say "Good Morning" to you and shake your hand as you enter to worship.  Being among other Servants for CHRIST gives one the opportunity to not only be HIS hands and feet, but to be filled as well.

I tend to believe when you are new to an experience, there will be those "firsts" that will leave an imprint on your heart forever.  Since I felt comfortable in what I was doing, I was able to focus on who walked toward me and how their faces looked.  Some people looked tired, others awake. Some seemed to show joy and others looked as if the weight of the world were on their shoulders. Some made eye contact, others didn't.  We all know that Churches draw broken people, all with a story to tell, all looking for forgiveness and grace and mercy inside of four Church walls.

I observed closely and took special note, but all with a smile on my face ready to extend a hand when needed or answer a question.  What I will remember always, is the stark contrast of faces before and after hearing GOD'S word.

When the service reached the end, I was once again at the door, to say goodbye and have a good week to those same church worshipers I greeted an hour ago.  And then that is when it struck me.....the faces I observed now were very different.  There was a peace and a light shining from within.  Some faces were even, dare I say, full of joy! There was a transformation that occurred behind those closed sanctuary doors.  JESUS must have met them where they were.....HIS message of truth, love and forgiveness must have washed down over them in a powerful way.  I saw proof today that GOD'S word transforms......it changes, it unburdens, it comforts and it restores.  In Matthew 11: 28, JESUS says, "Come to me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you rest." In verse 30 HE says: "The teaching that I ask you to accept is easy, the load I give you to carry is light."

Today I witnessed HIS word transforming people in a big way.  If someone asks me for proof of my GOD, I say come and see HIS truth transforming people from within.  See HIS love reflected on people's faces.  I saw and witnessed HIS loving grace today in action on every face and on every heart.  I praise HIM in JESUS name and glorify HIM for reaching down and touching lives. What a powerful and almighty GOD we have that can transform our souls.......all we have to do is follow.  

REVELATION 14: 4 "They follow the LAMB wherever HE goes."

No comments:

Post a Comment