Tuesday, August 12, 2014

ALONE AT YOUR JORDAN




The story of Elijah and Elisha in 2 Kings is an interesting story where they both travel together with Elisha learning much from Elijah.  At one point Elisha even asks Elijah to give him a double portion of his spirit.  As the story continues, Elijah is taken from Elisha up into heaven leaving Elisha behind.  In response to this, Elisha stands alone at the bank of the Jordan......completely alone.  And I can see myself in his story.

With our recent move, I am in a position where there is no fellowship like I am accustomed to and I miss those women who really knew my heart.....they were the heartbeat of CHRIST for me. Those women were only a car ride away, a morning coffee date, or Bible study, and now are a long distance phone call made at certain times of the day.  Yes I do have some new women in my life, but it will take time to really know them authentically.   Relationships with depth take time.  My new Arizona address requires that I step out of my comfort zone in faith, and puts into practice all that I have learned so far in my Christian walk. GOD tends to not be interested in our comfort and so today I stand at my very own Jordan.....

I see Elisha standing alone too as he peers out over the Jordan missing his Elijah.....and I feel as if now I am doing the same as I peer into my future.   All the moving business is over and the real business of living life out here in Arizona begins.  

Sometimes GOD removes those around us and leaves us alone with no one to turn to, except HIM.  But we really aren't alone when we have HIM by our side. We must walk forward with HIM because we choose to and because GOD brings us there and then gently sends us down the road HE has chosen for us.  Sooner or later in life I think we all encounter our Jordan.

Being alone without your mentor, or your family, or your friends, requires a step out in faith of sorts.....a step of courage to do or accomplish something you have never done before.  It requires trust in the Shepherd and ultimately you will grow fruit for HIM.  When you are in this place you will hang on tightly not wanting to fail or fall......HE wants us to trust in HIM in a big way and leaving us in an alone state when we are fully at the end of ourselves accomplishes this trust.

There will be times in our lives when we stand at the bank of life feeling very much alone and how we move forward from it will show GOD'S character growing within us.   GOD will ultimately guide us in the direction He needs us to go.  And so alone,  I look to my left and then to my right.  I know for here and for now in this new place,  all I need to do is.....follow. 

ISAIAH 30: 21 "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

P.S. THIS POST IS DEDICATED TO THOSE WOMEN WHOM I MISS GREATLY......and you know who you are.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment