Tuesday, February 11, 2014

FIRE IN OUR HEARTS



I have always loved the story in LUKE 24 about the disciples on the Road to Emmaus.  They had just lost their JESUS on the cross and were walking and talking with each other about what had happened.  JESUS Himself came up to them, but they were kept from recognizing HIM. Their faces showed their disappointment and scripture says: "their faces were downcast." vs.17

Their hearts must have been broken because of what they just witnessed.....so broken that they didn't even "see" their LORD standing before them.  HE was their hope of the ONE who would redeem Israel.  It was the third day since the crucifixion and they had previously found the tomb empty.

JESUS said to them in verse 25: "how foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken."  It is those 3 words spoken by JESUS.....slow of heart.....that has my attention and should make us all think about the condition of our heart for HIM.

I want to have fire in my heart for HIM in such a way that others "see" HIM within me.  I don't want to let the way of the world discourage me for HIM.....I want to live with HIS eternal hope, no matter what comes my way.  Hope and trust in HIM are important for a pure heart living from day to day. Being passionate about the WORD and reading it daily, draws me closer to HIS heart for me.

By keeping in HIS word and examining my own heart, JESUS commands me to "Follow HIM." With that, I must establish my heart in this simple and loving command trusting all the while that HE will lead me to the right path with a laser focus that proclaims HIS goodness.  

Being slow of heart is having a sluggish faith.....I certainly don't want that.... do you?  I want to move forward always towards the prize of HEAVEN with hope and joy and yes, fire within.  I want that eternal flame within my soul.....will you seek this as well? 

After JESUS left those disciples on the Road to Emmaus they realized "and said to one another, did not our hearts burn within us while HE talked with us on the road, and while HE opened the Scriptures to us?" LUKE 24:32  Just by seeing JESUS again, their hearts were ignited to live passionately for their LORD.

May we live each day with that renewed heart of passion embracing the fire within for HIM!  And let our fire ignite others to eagerly seek the JESUS we have come to know with all our hearts and all our minds. 

EZEKIEL 36:26 "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh."


 Blessings, Maxine

No comments:

Post a Comment