Monday, November 4, 2013

Heaven's ROCK




PSALM 61:2 says: "Lead me to a rock that is higher than I." A rock means stability.... it is something in which a person can place his trust.  And we can place our ultimate trust in HIM.

I don't know where you are in your path right now, but I know that my GOD is my ROCK.   If you read through Psalms, you will see over and over that the LORD is referred to as the ROCK. 

So often in our daily lives we find ourselves walking on unstable ground.... our legs are shaky and our decisions uncertain.  One of my most favorite scriptures that is committed to memory is from PSALM 40: 2 " HE set my feet upon a rock and gave me a firm place to stand."  Isn't standing on a rock secure beyond measure?  I love this verse because it is visual for me.  I can "see" myself standing tall with HIS help and strength!  So I have an equation for you:

GOD = ROCK = TRUST = STRENGTH = SECURITY = PEACE

Our present world is so unsure..... people are losing their jobs, their homes and their families.  News of our day is hard to digest.  There just doesn't seem to be anything or anyone you can count on..... but..... there is a ROCK that is higher than us all!

Our foundation of our faith needs a rock....it needs to be this secure so that we can weather our days with all our strength and wisdom.  In Matthew 7, CHRIST referred to a wise man who built his house upon a rock.  The rains and winds came and nothing could bring it down.    Let us heed these words and put them into practice.

So how do we do this?  Each person must choose and find his way to GOD.  The Holy Spirit helps us in this process.  But when you get there you realize that nothing here trumps GOD!  HE is the Sovereign ROCK you are looking for....a ROCK of strength.... a ROCK of security, and a Rock of peace.

PSALM 18: 2 "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my GOD is my rock, in whom I take refuge."

No comments:

Post a Comment