Thursday, October 24, 2013

CHRIST at the DOOR


Above you will see a beautiful picture of Jesus standing at a door.  The intriguing fact about this picture is that if you look closely you will see that there is no doorknob.  This implies that we must choose to open the door and let Jesus into our hearts and lives.

I have always loved walking in all my neighborhoods where I have lived.....I especially love looking at how people decorate their doors and entryways.  Around Christmas, the doors become beautiful, inviting, and they all seem to say: Welcome!


A door has meaning in that it is a way to enter or a way to go.....in John 10:9 Jesus says four simple words: "I am the door."  Then HE goes on to say: "If anyone enters by ME, he will be saved."  How many of us choose to open that door?

There are some who have chosen to close the doors to their hearts in a way that they become resentful, rigid, and unwilling to change.  And then there are those who have chosen to let HIM into their hearts, so that HE can clean up the dirt and sin, only to move forward as a new creation in HIM, filled with the Spirit of love and truth.

Sometimes I like to dream about what the door will look like to Heaven....will it be wide and beautiful beyond my imagination?  There is a scripture in Psalm 84:10 that says: "I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my GOD than dwell in the tents of the wicked."  Yes, above all else I know in my soul that I would rather stand at the door of Heaven than have any treasure offered me on this earth.  Like the first picture above, I have chosen to let Jesus in.  What a comforting thought to realize HE was standing there all along!  That was HIS grace for me.

And now HE is standing at the door of Heaven.....waiting and greeting all who enter.  Can you imagine THAT door? 


May we all continue to keep our eyes on Heaven's door!  Let us never forget where we are going and who is waiting for us!  CHRIST is the doorway to Heaven.....HE is the door.....HE invites us daily to come to HIM.  And all who choose to have faith in HIM daily, will one day walk through that door to spend eternity with GOD.

Matthew 7: 7 ".....knock and the door will be opened to you."

Blessings,
Maxine


No comments:

Post a Comment