Monday, November 11, 2013

LORD leave the LIGHT on!



With it getting darker earlier now, I tend to walk with my dog right around dusk.  The sky is a beautiful sight with it's softness of pink and blue.  It looks as if GOD took a brush and swept HIS hand across HIS canvas of endless sky.  Here in Colorado we tend to have beautiful sunsets over our majestic mountains. When we have a beautiful sunny day, we are guaranteed a gorgeous ending to it.

What I love the most about this time of day is seeing the lights come on gradually in our neighborhood.  There are homes that turn on their porch lights and garage lights and this seems to invite you to come.  Also, there are many windows that have a light set on a table as if to say, all are welcome who come here.

These lights and the streetlights all continue to beckon me further on my path.  Their light gives me just enough brightness for me to see where I need to go on the sidewalk.  As it gets darker from the time I begin my walk until it ends, the light at each home looks so inviting, so much so, that I can't wait to arrive at my own home where the light shines brightly waiting for me.

As I ponder my thoughts towards Heaven, I realize that CHRIST is there, waiting for me.  I know that HIS light will shine bright to guide me towards HIM.  JESUS said in Luke 8:16 that "No one lights a lamp and hides it in a jar or puts it under a bed.  Instead, he puts it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light." We will need that precious light to guide us home!  

JESUS is the "light of the world." And whoever follows HIM will "never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8: 12  Don't we all want this incredible light in our daily lives too?

It is a comfort to know that CHRIST is preparing a place for us.  In JOHN 14: 2 HE said: "In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you."  Knowing this scripture in our hearts should prompt us to say: "Lord, leave the light on for me."  All of us should look for HIS grace-filled light that will guide us through our days until we reach our forever home!  May we never stop looking for this light.  HE will leave the light on for us.....HE is preparing.....HE is waiting.....just for you and me.

2 Samuel 22:29 "YOU are my lamp O LORD; the LORD turns my darkness into light."




No comments:

Post a Comment