Thursday, April 18, 2013

UNSETTLED but REDEEMED!



How can any of us still look at all the familiar pictures of the Boston Marathon Tragedy, and not feel unsettled.  Looking at pain, loss, and blood should do that to us!  I don't know about you, but I have shed many a tear reading about the personal stories of people who lost loved ones and those who lost limbs.

These kinds of news stories make us stop.... and wonder why.  I can't imagine how those without faith deal with something like this. 

When this happens, those of us who believe pray, and pray some more.  We try to make sense of it all, and when we can't, we know that GOD who is Sovereign, is ultimately in control.

Obviously there is evil in our world, and we can't change that.... I believe satan is alive and well.

BUT SO IS OUR GOD!

In this tragedy there are already many stories of good people doing great things.  I don't know what they believe, but I do see GOD'S protective hand in all of this.  It is amazing that more people weren't killed.  When and where it all happened.... there is no coincidence that there were many police and physicians on scene to help just at the right moment.

So we must move forward from here.... still praying, but grasping for peace.  Terrorism wants to destroy our sense of peace and to take it away.

All of my devotions this morning lent themselves to the message of peace....

LUKE 1: 78-79 "Because of the tender mercy of our GOD, with which the Sunrise from on high shall visit us, to shine upon those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace."

May we all find peace in our days, a peace that only GOD can give. May HIS words take away that unsettled feeling, and may we carry those protective words in our hearts from day to day. 

JOHN 14: 27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Blessings,







No comments:

Post a Comment