Tuesday, March 12, 2013

REDEMPTION IN SPRING



I woke up today to yet another dusting of snow.... this is the time of year I get tired of it all: the snow, the wind, the cold, and the gloom.  My heart longs for Spring!

We are in a season right now of Winter... the calendar reflects that.  And for some, the season they are in is a difficult one.  We all are dealing with our own struggles and some seem as if they will come and last forever.

I am in a season of discovery right now.... I am not working and have much time on my hands to study HIS word, pray, and do Bible studies.  All of which I am very grateful for.  HE has given me this season of learning and quiet.  So far I love it.  I feel HIM drawing nearer to me, as I draw near to HIM.

But I still have the feeling that I should be doing something more.... I feel restless in that way.  Or do I just feel that way because we live in a society that always moves!  What about sitting quiet and still for a time.... resting in HIS arms and listening?  When I was busy before, I longed for this opportunity, and now that I have it, I am wondering should I be doing something else?  Should I just trust in HIM... soak it all in like a sponge?  Maybe this is just where HE wants me right now!

My one word for this year is: REDEMPTION.  I am slowly being moved into that place of joy just realizing that I am a daughter of a KING!  This is a deep in your soul realization.... the result is a freedom and a joy beyond my own understanding.

The other word that keeps popping up for me in all I do is: TRUST.  To ultimately TRUST our JESUS is why HE came.... why HE died on the cross.  HE is our REDEEMER, now and forever! 

So in this season of Winter, in my season of quiet and reflection, I TRUST that HE will REDEEM and that HE will bring me into the next season of Spring.  I trust that HIS love for me will spring forth just as the calendar moves forward during this season of LENT.  HIS love for us never fails, no matter what season we are in!  And HIS death on the cross and HIS resurrection is for us all.... for our ultimate redemption in CHRIST our LORD.

ZECHARIAH 8: 19: ".... and the fast of the seventh and the fast of the tenth shall be to the house of Judah seasons of joy and gladness and cheerful feasts."

Blessings to you during this season of LENT,
IN CHRIST,
Maxine

No comments:

Post a Comment