Friday, January 4, 2013

REDEMPTION in 2013


And so I begin a New Year... 2013... and I wonder what it will bring.  How will GOD use me and how will GOD reveal to me HIS word for me: REDEEM.

REDEMPTION can be a hard thing to understand.  CHRIST died for me and my sins... sins past and sins that I do daily.  I try so hard to not sin, but being human that just is a common thing for me.  It is as Paul said in Phillipians 3: 13-14:  "one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.  I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which GOD has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

For me to live freely in HIS redemption I need to understand and let go of my sin... turn it over to GOD... release it and ask for forgiveness.   CHRIST did atone for our sins, long ago.  How hard it is to think on that... that I put one of those nails in HIS hands!

Can I change any of this? NO!  It all was part of GOD'S plan.  There is a huge gap between man and GOD, and CHRIST was sent to bridge that gap of sin.  Therefore HE alone is my redemption!

So how do I move forward this year in this redemption?  I don't know all the answers, but I know GOD will certainly do something with my heart!  I want to live and love freely in this redemption... to live joyful and carefree. 

I know that I will always be surrounded by trials and troubles, but where I won't find trouble, where I will find that the burden is light, is in my CHRIST.  No one here can redeem me, only CHRIST can...  and I will glorify HIM for that fact.

PSALM 49: 7 - 8 "No man can redeem the life of another or give to GOD a ransom for him - the ransom for a life is costly, no payment is ever enough..."

No comments:

Post a Comment