Friday, October 5, 2012

Glory in Change




This morning I woke up to a big change outside my window - here in Colorado, we have that a lot.  Just on Wednesday of this week we had 80 degrees - and then this morning I saw a light dusting of snow on the lawns and bushes.  I don't like change - especially when it is drastic!

But at the same time, I do pray that GOD will do a change within me... I sure would hate to stay the same.  I can see changes daily in the mirror, but what about inside?  What about my soul? 

In our daily connections with GOD, HE promises to never leave us, and HE promises to never leave us the way HE found us!  We should be confident that: "HE who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6  We can count on the Holy Spirit to do a good work within us.

Now I don't know about you, but I want to know and see that I am growing daily in my faith walk.  I do know that GOD is making those small changes inside me... those changes happen within my heart.  With each passing day, month, and year, HIS path for me is all about HIS mercy and love for me, and HIS wanting my heart to be like HIS.  The ability to see others as GOD sees them is crucial for my growth.

This growth and change CANNOT happen if my life is all rosy... those difficult circumstances and people, cause me to look inward and to examine if my heart aligns with my GOD and HIS word.  HIS command of loving others as you love yourself is a difficult one... yes especially difficult when you have been hurt by someone.  I might not be able to change what that person did to me, but I sure can change my own heart with GOD'S help.  Isn't it wonderful how GOD can remake a heart and help you grow and change into the person HE wants you to be?  This is called forgiveness and it only takes one person to forgive.  When you do this...when you forgive whether the other person has forgiven you or not,  there is a relief and freedom... you are no longer in chains.  I can lift up that person to GOD'S hands and trust that HE will take care of them however HE sees fit.

I praise my GOD that HE has shown me over and over that this forgiveness does the biggest work within me... it seems to bring about my biggest changes.  Tough people to be around, and tough circumstances, always cause me to examine where I am coming from and what I think and do in response.

As much as we might not like it... change can be good for us!  GOD'S creation is constantly changing, and with HIS help, we can change for the better too.  May HIS change in our hearts be to HIS glory, day after day... year after year.  And may we always remember our FATHER whose love for us never changes... but who will remain the same for all of eternity!

JAMES 1:17 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."







No comments:

Post a Comment