Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Glorious RED



I have a tree in my front yard that is finally turning it's beautiful red... the first official day of Fall has come and the evidence is all around me.  There are many bushes turning red in everyone's yards that are called fire bushes here in Colorado.  The aspen trees are turning their crisp color of gold as well.  Our nights and early mornings have a coolness to them.  Yes, our world outside is changing!

I love the color red... I have a lot of red detail in my house and when Christmas comes I cannot get enough of it!  I am drawn to it and the color itself just makes me happy.  In my last house, my kitchen was painted a barn red.  The couple that bought our house at the time, loved it for the kitchen accent wall I had painted.  I have often wondered if they kept it just as it was!

So what is it about the color red?  Besides being vibrant, the color of our blood rushing through our veins is red.  How fitting then, that our Savior, JESUS CHRIST shed HIS blood for our worst sins!  HE took it upon Himself to die for you and me!

Christ's sacrificial death on the Cross and atonement on our behalf for our sins was an example in history of HIS unbelievable LOVE for us!  And HIS blood shed on that cross and in the Garden of Gethsemane was done for us all.  The blood of CHRIST has redeemed each and every one of us who believes and therefore, we are new creations in CHRIST!

It is interesting that the Old Covenant required sacrifices of animals.  And the New Covenant was formed in CHRIST'S blood, which was poured out for all of us.  Our Savior was a lamb without blemish or defect and because of this, we can be free... free to glorify, serve, love, and enjoy HIM forever.  HIS blood redeemed us and it is fitting then that: "if anyone is in CHRIST, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come."  2 Corinthians 5:17

So the next time you see the color red in HIS creation, remember what CHRIST did for you... pour out your heart to HIM,  and glorify HIM with praise and thanksgiving.

LUKE 22:16 "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment