Friday, May 18, 2012

HIS GLORIOUS GIFT TO ME


We found out recently that our wonderful dog's life will soon be coming to an end.  We had the option of putting our dog Charlie down a few days ago, but chose to bring him home so we could have a few more days together and to give us time to really say goodbye.

Anyone who is a dog lover knows the pain of letting them go.  They are loyal through and through and in my case, my dog never leaves my side.  He is my constant shadow wherever I go.  He has been my greeter at the door, and my alarm clock in the morning.  He is my companion when I go on walks, and has kept me company in the car.  His unconditional love for me has been a gift from my GOD...  A little preview of what is to come from Heaven.

And so I would like to dedicate this post to my Charlie and leave you with some words by Senator George Graham Vest:

"A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in
health and in sickness.  He will sleep on the cold ground where
the wintery winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he
can be near his master's side.  He will kiss the hand that
has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in
encounter with the roughness of the world. When all other friends
desert, he remains.  When riches take wings, and
reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the
sun in its journey through the heavens."

I thank GOD for my loyal friend and our 11 years together.  For now he is still with me, and I am giving GOD the glory for each precious day we spend together.


No comments:

Post a Comment