Monday, April 2, 2012

GLORY IN THE CROSS


We are one week away from EASTER...an important day for all Christians to celebrate and honor CHRIST'S sacrifice for us on the cross.  HE chose the nails for us...HE chose the crown of thorns for us... HE chose the soldier's spit for us... HE chose to die for you and me, so that heaven would open for you and me.

Although that tree was chosen for HIM, we can choose to honor it, or ignore the beauty of it and what it all stands for.

We cannot know what CHRIST endured for us one Friday, the blood that was shed, and the painful physical and mental anguish HE suffered... all that HE suffered is beyond me, the rejection and cruelty, the flogging, the nailing.  All of this suffering done for MY sin.

And we are not worthy of any of this... it was an act of GRACE from GOD... a gift.  A gift that none of us deserve.

In my heart I repent and ask for HIS forgiveness... PSALM 51:17 says: "A broken and a contrite heart, O GOD, You will not despise."

CHRIST'S dying on the cross for you and me is not the end of the story.  HE HAS RISEN and lives in you and me... giving us our hope in HIM.


HIS final act here on earth was so that I would trust HIM, trust HIS love for me.  And in those loving hands, nailed to a tree, for me... for you... I find GLORY in that CROSS!


1 JOHN 4:10 "This is love: not that we loved GOD, but that HE loved us and sent HIS SON as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."

No comments:

Post a Comment