Saturday, March 31, 2012

GLORY in MY PAIN


PAIN... no one likes it or wants it or needs it!  There are all sorts of pain: physical, spiritual, and mental anguish.  We all experience one of these or all of these.  And your pain, is just that, YOUR PAIN.  No one else can tell you how to be while you are in the midst of it.

People do try to fix you as you go through the deep waters... but people have no right to touch that tender place within you.  Only GOD can go there!  Don't let anyone try to tell you how you should feel.  My desert right now will take me somewhere I hope.  I felt very alone for a while, and now all of a sudden, my friends that have always been there for me, are touching me in different ways.

GOD seems to leave us be... for a while, then HE gives us the grace and mercy to pick ourselves up with HIS help and continue on.  Your life, and your path is just that!  YOURS... with GOD'S handprint upon you.

It is a comfort to me to know that CHRIST also suffered rejection, affliction, and oppression in HIS life... and HE was GOD'S SON!

I am finding that mental pain is harder to bear than physical... it is the stuff that keeps you awake nights... and when it persists the effects of it can be devastating!  I think I would rather go to the dentist than suffer mental pain!

There are so many times when we must endure this mental pain in order for GOD to work something good within us.  You tend to examine yourself at 3:00a.m.  And it always seems that worries and anguish are the worst in the middle of the night!

But I know with all my heart that JESUS understands my cries in the middle of the night better than anyone.  And there is GLORY to be found in that fact!  HE is there with me, always has been, and always will be with HIS GRACE!  The beauty of all of this is that HIS GLORY always comes after a period of pain.  It is HIS WORK, HIS REFINEMENT, HIS GLORY IN US!

PSALM 29: 1 "Ascribe to the LORD the glory due HIS name."

No comments:

Post a Comment