Wednesday, November 26, 2014

LET US BE THANKFUL



Our recent move to Arizona has given me many sunny beautiful days to be thankful for.  I counted the steps from my front door to this park pictured above, and there are only 30 steps to be taken..... and I am there.  Something so simple like steps to a park give me great joy!

I heard a little girl this morning on the news saying what she was thankful for and she answered, "family and a house to live in."  Her answer was childlike and authentic.  So I have to ask you now, what are you thankful for this year?  Look back and be honest.  I am sure you will find many small blessings that GOD has given you.  And they really add up if you list them!  Now maybe you have had a difficult year, but the blessing there is that we have a GOD of hope and hope is always around the corner.

My son won't be with us this Thanksgiving because of his work situation, but I won't be sad about it.....instead I will keep the hope in my heart that he will visit us in the New Year.  I choose to focus on what I do have, not what I don't have. How about you?

I challenge you to make a list of blessings......instead of a list of gifts for Christmas.  Yes Christmas is around the corner, but first we must be thankful for all GOD'S provisions.  Take the time to stop in the midst of all the busyness and do this.  Having a grateful heart is where GOD wants us to be.  HE gives us the daily blessings, but we need to pay attention and not let our lives get so crazy that we miss HIS daily grace.

I am honored to be serving tonight at my church at a Thanksgiving service.  It will be a specific time to thank GOD for it all: life, health, family, home, and HIS love for me.  Let us give HIM thanks before the day tomorrow, before we get too busy, before the opportunity passes us by.  A grateful heart honors HIM who loves us.....who sent HIS only son to die on the cross for our sins.  And when we have THIS BLESSING, we truly have everything!

EZEKIEL: 34: 26 "I will make them and the area around MY hill a blessing: I will send down showers in their season - showers of blessing."


Blessings & Love this Thanksgiving,

No comments:

Post a Comment