Monday, December 1, 2014

OH THE JOY OF IT ALL!




I don't know about you, but in the past few years when the New Year rolls around I rededicate myself to CHRIST and in so doing, I choose a word to keep in my heart all year.  In that year I learn all I can about it, I try to live it and when it is time to let my word go, I am always a bit sad.  I know then, that I embraced my word with all my being.

This past year I chose the word: JOY.  I learned what it meant to find joy in all my circumstances and I understand fully James' command of : "consider it pure JOY, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."  James 1:2-3.

As I look back, I realize that I have learned to find joy in the simple, in the complex, in the hardship, and in the holy.  I have learned that my joy comes from my JESUS and no where else.  My joy is realizing that I am forgiven, and my place is with HIM and there is no one else on this earth that can give me that kind of joy in my heart.  HE is my JOY made complete!

It is funny though, most recently everywhere I look I am seeing the word JOY!  It is almost as if GOD is reminding me not to ever forget to embrace it......to live it daily......to share in it with others.


This past year was big for us......we moved from Colorado after living there for over 25 years. We are now in Arizona (we love the west) and are safely here and settling in.  I am holding fast to all sorts of new experiences and people.  My new Church and new Christian friends are all adding to this joyous place in Chandler, Arizona.  The rise of the sun here each day brings joy to my mornings and puts a spring in my step.  All the flowers, cactus, and birds daily sing a song of joy to the LORD.  HIS hand is in the heavens showing me joy in the beautiful sunsets.

With the start of December, I begin to pay attention again.  GOD reveals a specific word to me in scripture and elsewhere when I least expect it.  I pray for discernment to choose wisely. Yesterday I got my first hint....but I cannot say for sure yet.  I have had friends who decided on a word to only change it later.  And that is ok!  I like to ponder and search all the month of December, along with the celebration of the birth of JESUS.  

So what will your one word for 2015 be?  I would love to hear about your decision.....you can leave me a comment here when you decide.  Choose one word and see how GOD works it out in your life!  I promise you, it is much better than a New Year's resolution that you will only keep for a month or two.  Your one word will carry you through the year and you will be blessed by it and filled with joy!

PSALM 43: 4 "Then will I go to the altar of GOD, to GOD, my JOY and delight."

No comments:

Post a Comment