Monday, October 27, 2014

THE ORDINARY MADE EXTRAORDINARY


I don't know about you, but the more I invite the LORD into my life, the more I see the ordinary become extraordinary.  My father was a big influence in my life in pointing out those simple things around me.  He always said that GOD was present in everyone and every living thing..... HE was in those details, we just needed to pay attention.  HIS wonderful touch was everywhere.

Here I sit many years later, asking GOD to help me see the extraordinary in the ordinary.  I don't want to take for granted what is around me.  Since we moved to Arizona, I have much to be thankful for, especially the desert setting I am now in. The cactus are beautiful, with some even blooming at night and there are many different varieties!  We live very close to the San Tan mountain range, however, as far as the eye can see, I am surrounded by mountain ranges and here in the East valley you don't have to drive far to visit those mountains.  Sedona is only a short two hours away and it's red rocks landscape is breathtaking. 

There are so many upsetting events happening now in this world of ours.....if you look to the right or left mayhem is all around us!  Where do we look for the good, the pure, the extraordinary? I will admit I do watch the news daily and every report lately seems to be shocking in one way or another.  Where do we look for comfort and peace?  The only answer is GOD who is our fortress of strength and resolve.....a mountain rock of peace and guidance, beauty and love.


Let us ask HIM this very day to turn our eyes away from useless idols.....to instead seek HIM in all that is around us, in the ordinary daily life we live, no matter how simple or complex.  If we choose to really look, we will see that HE is there in the ordinary, an ordinary that becomes extraordinary because of HIM who loves us.  HIS touch is all around us.....we need to seek for it one day at a time.

I find that the darker the world becomes, the more I must search for the good and pure and the lovely.  My eyes are on HIM. What do your eyes choose to "see" today? 

PHILIPPIANS 4: 8 "Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things."

No comments:

Post a Comment