Monday, July 21, 2014

ARE YOU A KINGDOM AMBASSADOR?




All of us who profess to be followers of CHRIST should never take our eyes off of the Kingdom. With that said, I have to ask you then: what sort of Kingdom Ambassador are you?  As a Kingdom Ambassador you are a representative of CHRIST here on earth.  And in 2 Corinthians 5:20 it says that "we are therefore CHRIST'S ambassadors, as though GOD were making HIS appeal through us."

If I am HIS representative in this world, then I need to examine how I am showing HIS love and redemption to others.  HIS message of grace and forgiveness can only be spread and shown by HIS ambassadors.  Many think that in order to do this, they need to do something big for GOD. But it really is more simple than that.  You can show HIS love anywhere you are and anywhere you go.  People right now are hungry for love and a kind word.  There seems to be so much suffering in the world what are we to do?  The answer is to do what is in front of you.

When you drive on the street: be HIS ambassador.  Be yielding.  When you go to the grocery store: be HIS ambassador.  Smile and let someone with children or older cut in front of you.  When you walk through your neighborhood: be HIS ambassador.  Pick up someone's paper in their driveway and deliver it to their door.  I know you are saying on that one, well who sees that?  But HE sees.  HE knows and that is all that should matter.

If you are the type of Ambassador that expects some type of credit then you have it all wrong.  All that we do here for HIM should be unconditional and I am afraid too many of us look for that credit.  But I ask you, do you want the credit now or later in the Kingdom? If I am humble in my daily works for others, then no credit is due me.....the credit goes to HIM whom I represent.  

What an honor it is to know that I am HIS hands and feet right now.  Just realizing this should be enough.  HIS spirit touches my heart and allows me to decrease so that HE can increase.  It is our human nature to want to be recognized for all we do.  But HE tells us it is all about HIM anyway, it is never about us.

So I ask you again: what kind of Ambassador are you?  Are you one for the Kingdom or one for yourself? Ask HIM to search your heart and show you how to live like a true Ambassador.  Your credit will come soon enough when you stand before HIM and HE says..... "well done."

LUKE 14: 13-14 "But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed.  Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous."

No comments:

Post a Comment