Thursday, May 1, 2014

WINDS of CHANGE




We have had unrelenting winds here this past week in Colorado.....I keep wondering when the wind will quit!  Yesterday on my walk with the dog I noticed how the trees were bent over with the winds.  It reminded me that with the winds of change or difficulties, that GOD'S plan in it is to grow our roots deeper in HIM, just like the trees do over time as they bend and sway with the seasons of change.

Change is so hard sometimes, the unknown especially.  My family is in transition right now.....we are looking at a big move to Arizona and leaving family and friends behind.  I will especially miss my son who is also in transition in his life.  Keep close to HIM Jason!  

Change for most involves much stress and worry, but I am learning something in the midst of all of this:  GOD IS NEAR.  When I realized that moving could very well overwhelm me and burden my spirit, I went to HIM in prayer and gave this move over to GOD because I know HE wants the best for me......I was open to HIS protective HAND for us and put my trust in HIM.

I can be honest with you here, that I haven't lost one night of sleep over all the details of a big life change.....I only notice peace surrounding me.  Since my word for this year was JOY, I certainly didn't want our move to rob me of that!  With all HIS peace, I am finding freedom from the burden of worry over all the little details that are suddenly before us.

So getting back to those trees..... the trees with the deepest roots stand the test of time and weather. I am always sad when I see a dead tree.  I have to wonder why it didn't make it?  Maybe it was too much water or not enough, but whatever it was, the roots were weak.  Our roots in CHRIST should grow down deep each and every day as we walk this life through difficulties and change.  Matthew 12:33 says: "......for a tree is recognized by its fruit."  When we are deeply rooted in HIM, then our fruit will abound.  I want a deeper walk with my GOD, but the only way that will happen is through change.......and it is the only way my life will bear HIS fruit.

Are you in a season of change?  If you are, then take comfort in HIM that HE is doing something good in you, something fruitful......don't worry because HE knows the ground you are walking on.  Let HIS wonderful WORD water you daily in a perfect way so that your roots will run deep and your spirit will soar high, all with just the right measure of GOD'S loving grace, guidance, and peace. 

 Please share here, the season of change GOD has you in!  I would love to hear from you.



JEREMIAH: 29: 11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

No comments:

Post a Comment