Sunday, May 11, 2014

Are You a Reflection of JESUS?



My chosen word for this year was JOY and so daily and weekly I have had to examine myself to see if I am a reflection of this JOY.....a JOY that comes from abiding closely with JESUS.  It is funny how that nasty satan has his fun with me sometimes.....he likes to remind me "where is the joy in THAT?" I very quickly try to turn my thoughts to JESUS - my forever JOY and sure enough HE shows me all the little JOYS right in front of me!

I have to ask then......who do you see when you look in the mirror?  Walking in the Word and walking hand in hand with CHRIST should reflect HIM.  The more we settle deep into HIM, the more HIS love should spill over into our souls and thus we should reflect HIS love for others in various ways.  When we do this, onlookers will be attracted by what they see in us.....a reflection of HIS light.  There is so much darkness right now in the world and people will be drawn to the light you reflect.

Take time to really look into that mirror......be confident that HE is there within you looking back. YOU are HIS for now and all of eternity......you are HIS hands and feet as you walk and serve on this earth.  Be the person that others are drawn to because the reflection within you is clear and authentic.  Walk daily in HIS steadfast love in such a way that others see a reflection of CHRIST walking with you.  Let them see HIM in you.

In 1 Corinthians 13: 12 it says" "Now we see a dim reflection, as if we were looking into a mirror, but then we shall see clearly." Keep looking, keep searching with all your heart......HE is there looking back at you.

COLOSSIANS 1:27 " To them GOD chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is CHRIST in you, the hope of glory."

No comments:

Post a Comment