Friday, May 30, 2014

OUR FOREVER HOME




GOD has put the longing for eternity into our hearts.  Eternity is our forever home, not here on this earth which is temporary.  The concept for eternity is too big for us to wrap our brain around.....just thinking about it makes me realize that GOD has HIS eternal HAND there.

Yesterday I took my Molly, our Australian Shepherd/Lab mix to the groomer for the first time.  She knew it was a different place, and not her home.  When we adopted her, we knew that she would be with us in our forever home for her.  When I walked out of the groomer, she gave me a sad look as if to say: "are you giving me up again?"  Her look broke my heart and made me realize that we all want to belong to someone, and we all long for that forever home.

I am also in the process of moving to another state.  This is a big move for us with lots of details to worry about in our present home and in our new home.  It is all exciting and sometimes fun, but I am careful to realize that even after I arrive and set up shop so to speak, and even after I have made new friends, found a new Church, doctor, dentist etc......it still is just my temporary home.  It is a safe place to lay my head until GOD takes me home to be with HIM.

It should give us much peace to realize where and with whom we will be after we pass.  Keeping our eyes on Heaven, keeps everything here in perspective.  I have learned over time to think when things overwhelm, "in the light of eternity, how important is this?"

Let us all keep our eyes on HIM......may HE become your eternal HOME, may you long for it with all your heart as you walk through this foreign land we live in. JESUS has prepared just a place for us, knowing all we will need there. Let us walk through this path of life with much joy, knowing we have a forever home!

Deuteronomy 33:27 " The eternal GOD is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms."

No comments:

Post a Comment