Thursday, June 12, 2014

UNPACKING JOY



This past week my husband and I, and my pup Molly drove across country from Colorado to Arizona.  We bought our present house 4 years ago and since we wanted to scale down a bit, it seemed perfect for us right now.

In this process I had to say goodbye to all my dear sweet friends and especially my son. Leaving him behind was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.  But he is 29 and very independent and on his own career path.  Believe me, future visits will happen!

Here I sit then, in sunny Arizona, unpacking and realizing that I really don't know a soul here.  But it all seems ok because GOD has been with me through this journey.  I believe for some reason HE wants us here, and HE wants me here, maybe to write more in my extra time?  Was I getting too busy with my life and not keeping HIM a priority?  Maybe so.  I believe with all my heart that HE will take you to isolation for a good reason.  HE wants you to take your being alone, to being together with HIM.  And HE is always there.....we are the ones who move away from HIM, not the other way around.

With all the beautiful blue skies around me every day and gorgeous nights, I can't help but feel joy anyway.  I wake up to birds singing, palm trees in my yard and a general feeling of being on vacation here.  It is a different way of life to get used to and I pray that GOD will show me the joy in it.  HE is helping me unpack that joy with every box I open! 

We all have that choice of how we are going to react to our situations in life.....do we want to react with a GOD lens or a self-centered lens? You have to be intentional when it comes to choosing.....don't let the world choose for you.  

I hope that you will continue to follow me here sweet reader.....I do write for ONE and this is HIS sacred place.  Let us walk together with HIM as I write what HE places on my heart and may my words always be pleasing in HIS sight.

PSALM 43:4 " Then I will go to the altar of GOD, to GOD my joy and my delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment