Sunday, February 23, 2014

WORDS FROM THE HEART



It has been on my heart lately as to how my words impact others.  I recently read something someone wrote to another and wondered: how in the world could they say that with a pure heart?  Proverbs 25: 11 teaches us that: "a word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver."

Becoming a writer of a blog has made me quite aware of my words in general.  This blog is dedicated to my LORD and so I continue to pray that "the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart will be acceptable in HIS sight." Psalm 19:14

I have come to realize that our words can build up and they can kill.  They can kill a relationship, a marriage, and stick with a child forever.  The reason I say this, is that I can still remember something that a teacher said to me once like it was yesterday.....  it began with: "you will NEVER".



Being daily in the WORD should convict us of our words to one another......HIS word for us has so much love, mercy, and grace filtered throughout.  And so when we fill up on HIS word, our words should be loving and pure as well.  When HIS word sinks deep within your heart, then the result of that is a desire to speak for HIM in a way that others see HIM in you. There is a dying to self..... a realizing that it doesn't matter what anyone else says....what matters is what YOU are saying for HIM and HIM only.  We need our daily speech to reflect light, HIS light.

Yes, I know that we all have "those thoughts", the kind you would never say in public.  It is interesting to me, how often people are saying all that goes on in their head, putting it on social media and then hitting the send button without a second thought to it.  Our engaging in this manner does show our true character.....and I must state it here that if our words towards one another show no mercy then we need to take a long hard look  at what we are filling our souls with.  

Let us dig deep within our hearts before we speak or before we hit that send button.  Let us ask ourselves if our message is something we would want to receive?  Whatever happened to treat others as we would like to be treated??  

I think and have pondered all the stories of JESUS and how HIS words were so gentle and loving, yet so rooted in the truth and full of wisdom.  HE was and is a master at the delivery of HIS message.  I want to be more like HIM.....I want others to see and hear HIM when I speak.  How about you?

PSALM 119: 11 "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you."

No comments:

Post a Comment