Wednesday, February 5, 2014

MATTERS OF THE HEART




The Calendar says February - I do love this month because it centers around the word LOVE and matters of the heart. I also love to get out all my red Valentine hearts and decorations.  The color red warms me this time of year when the snow and cold seems to never end!

Our weather here as in most of the country, has been very cold with much snow.  It does create a mindset of wanting to hibernate.....in times like these, my mind tends to turn inward.  In JEREMIAH 6:16 it says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls."

Yes winter seems to be a time to slow down and spend some quiet time with GOD.....to rest in HIS love.  It is a time where I remember those warm days with the sun on my back.  But I also know it is a time for reflection.....to search my heart.....and to look forward to Spring and a rebirth of my spirit.  GOD'S love is an ever present renewing process....HIS love renews and soothes my soul, every single day.  And whether I am inside away from the cold or outside on a beautiful warm sunny day, HIS love for me is as far as the East from the West!  HIS love is eternal.....HIS love never ends.....HIS love is for all who embrace it.


I adore the fact that GOD'S love can transform us.  HIS love heals and can redirect our path in life.  Once you have been truly touched by HIS love, you will never be the same. Because of HIS grace-filled love, we as followers of HIM are to pass along this love to all we come in contact with, whether they are difficult or not.

In February it is easy on the 14th to remember those we love....but what about those we don't? Could our hearts be changed by prayer?  I believe with matters of the heart, our GOD knows what we hold deep within..... those things we don't want anyone else to know......and I believe HE will heal those sacred secrets we entrust to HIM and HIM only.  The Bible tells us to search our hearts and see if there is anything there we need to cut out.  A favorite verse of mine for years has been from PSALM 51:10 which says: "Create in my a pure heart, O GOD, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."  This purity of heart should be what we strive for in our lives.....it is a purity that only HE can create.

With our Savior, our hearts can be so full, or they can be empty and barren, just like our winter is right now.  So this turning inward with silent reverence is important for us to do.  GOD wants us to have a heart that overflows with HIS supernatural love.  And so if I work at it and empty my heart of all the yucky stuff that gets cluttered inside, then there is room for HIS unfailing love that can touch everyone I come in contact with. 



So I pray dear reader that you will honestly search your own heart.....spend some reverent time with HIM and seek HIS heart for you.....a heart that is unfailing and too wonderful for words!

PSALM 66: 18-20 "If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD would not have listened; but GOD has surely listened and heard my voice in prayer.  Praise be to GOD, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld HIS love from me!"


Many Heart Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment