Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My One Word for 2014


I love the look of a new fallen snow.  It is so pure and reminds me of GOD'S pure grace.  HIS grace gives us a new day each day to start anew.  And HE has given us a NEW YEAR as well. Most people make New Year's resolutions at this time....I learned a few years back that resolutions never seem to keep.  Maybe for a few months, but never for a full year.

And so with this realization, several years ago I started choosing a word for the year.  With prayer and discernment I watch for that one word that comes to the forefront in Scripture and wherever I go, especially during the Christmas season.

This past year my word was: REDEMPTION.  Oh how GOD has shown me through the year that I am a redeemed child of HIS!  I am redeemed by HIS blood shed for me.... I am in awe of what HE did for me on the cross.  And oh so thankful.  Because of HIM I can walk freely through this world, with all it's troubles and still have joy in my steps!

I have listened to friends tell me what their words are: TRUST, TRUTH, GRACE..... TRANSFORMATION.  All good choices....all words clearly found in Scripture.... all words that require a year of reflection and searching.  But at the end of the year with your one word, it is amazing what GOD does!  HE implants the word on your heart and it sinks into your soul, so much so, that at the end of the year, you don't want to let your chosen word go!

I will share with you that my word for 2014 is JOY.  This word kept repeating itself in most of my devotionals and Scripture in December.  JOY was written everywhere I went and I saw it on signs, cards, gift bags, and even jewelry.  Some might think it is an easy word to behold, but I say what about the scripture in JAMES 1:2 that says: "Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great JOY. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow."  I love that.  Yes it sure is easy to have JOY when all goes your way, but what about when you are in the midst of a hard trial?  How do I find JOY then? The book of JAMES is a straightforward in your face kind of scripture.....I am intrigued by this having JOY in the hard places.

It remains to be seen how GOD will reveal JOY to me in all ways and in all circumstances in this next year.   I just pray that I will have the utmost for HIS HIGHEST!

My prayer for you dear reader and myself is that GOD blesses you with your word for 2014....and that you seek HIM and seek after your word with all your heart!

Blessings and Love in 2014! 

No comments:

Post a Comment