Friday, July 26, 2013

Pulling WEEDS



I have spent many a morning pulling weeds in my back yard.  Even if I spray for them, they continue to sprout up.  So on a daily basis I try to keep up with it so my yard looks clean and beautiful.

All of this weed pulling has me pondering about the weeds that are in my heart and those that need to be pruned.  There are weeds of impatience and stubbornness there, as well as envy, greed, and sloth. These "weeds" of the heart are a continuous battle, they pop up over and over again and just when we think we are pruned enough, GOD shows us another weed that needs to be plucked.

I have come to the conclusion that these weeds will never go away, until I go home to Heaven.  I don't know about you, but they sure keep me busy in my faith walk with my LORD.

In LUKE 8, Jesus gives a parable of the sower and the seeds.  I love this parable and the explanation that Jesus gives us.  In the MESSAGE referring to the seeds that fell into the weeds it says: "And the seed that fell in the weeds - well, these are the ones who hear, but then the seed is crowded out and nothing comes of it as they go about their lives worrying about tomorrow, making money, and having fun."  We need to ask GOD to daily expose those weeds we need to pull out of our hearts so that we can be a people ready to hear HIS word and bear the fruit from it with much perseverance.

I want to be a woman after GOD'S own heart..... but in order for that to happen, I have to be willing to clean out my heart of those weeds that get in the way of HIS pure love, grace and joy.  Only then, will I grow a heart full of peace, joy, love, grace and mercy for others!  The weeds that are pulled are then replaced with beautiful blooms.... only GOD can do this.  It is up to us to prepare our hearts daily.  GOD will prune and plant.  In HIS wonderful kingdom we need to be a people open to HIS pruning.... open to HIS love.... open to HIS statutes. 

May our Sovereign LORD plant exquisite blooms in your heart today!


LUKE 8:15 "But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience."




No comments:

Post a Comment