Wednesday, July 31, 2013

DISCERNMENT



I don't know about you, but I am one of those people who always wants to "do the right thing" and many times I get stuck on what my GOD wants me to do.  I pray that HE will give me HIS discernment in situations and with the way our world is today, we all need much of it.

Discernment is the ability to look beneath the surface to see the reality of situations and to make a wise judgment call by evaluating the information in front of us.  I wonder how often GOD looks down and thinks "the answer is right in front of you!"  So how do we get this discernment?

First we need prayer and being daily in GOD'S word to apply those biblical principals to our lives, and with the help of the Holy Spirit, we then have a guide to help us step in the right direction.  With GOD'S clear voice, we can make the best decision, not just a good one, but a best one!

In order to do this, the second challenge is to step out in faith and to surrender yourself to HIM.  I think when you do this, you will feel a sense of peace.  When my spirit is in turmoil within,  I know that I am trying too hard to solve the issue myself.  That peace that surpasses all understanding comes over me when I seek HIS will and trust it.

We are an impatient society for sure, and waiting can be tough.  But I have learned when I don't have a clear answer, I tend to wait until I do have one.  Sometimes it is better to not move forward at all and to just be still.  More often than not, in that stillness I can hear HIS whisper.

It is a difficult task to remove all that clutter around us....  it is everywhere, and the older I get I realize I just can't deal with it all. The simpler the better for me.  Even taking a Sabbath from the world is good.  It clears your head and let's GOD'S voice resound.  I have to be willing to take the time to listen, however, because the world loves to drown out GOD'S voice.  If you do not set this as a priority, then the world will become your priority very quickly.

Discernment is learned and as you put it into practice you realize what a wonderful gift GOD has given you.... you will feel more grounded in your decisions and prayer, and the Bible will be the anchor of your soul.  Because the Holy Spirit is always there for us, HE will "teach you all things and remind you of everything I (CHRIST) have told you." JOHN 14:26

CHRIST is there.... HIS word is there and HE wants to guide you in your decisions.  And if you seek HIM with your whole heart, HE will show you the way!

PROVERBS 17: 24 "A discerning man keeps wisdom in view...."





 















No comments:

Post a Comment