Thursday, July 18, 2013

JESUS IS LORD





As I was walking today, I noticed a moving truck on a street near my house.  It got me thinking about how mobile our society is.  Moving trucks move our treasures from coast to coast and we see much of that going on in the summer months.  We count on that truck making it safely to our next home.  If you have moved across county like we have, you know what that means.

Molly (my pup) and I walked by this truck on the other side of the street and that was when I saw it.  In big blue letters on the side of the front cab it said: " JESUS IS LORD."   I stopped for a second because I didn't expect to see that on a moving truck....what a wonderful reminder for us all, and it filled me with joy knowing this truck would be traveling across county with it's powerful message.

You see we move all around in all physical ways, also in cars, trucks, trains and planes.  But the good news is that when JESUS moves into your heart, HE will never leave you.  In Joshua 1: 5 GOD said: "I will never leave you nor forsake you."  And in Hebrews 13: 5 it repeats this scripture: "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Asking CHRIST to dwell in your heart is the permanent place HE wants to be.  HE could be anywhere else in the world, but instead, HE chose your heart to take up residence.  When HE moves in however, HE will do some housekeeping and things start to change.... as you get rid of hatred, HE replaces it with love.  Holding a grudge?  HE replaces it with forgiveness.  Dealing with a mountain of problems?  HE is the firm rock to stand on.  In the pit of despair and uncertainty? HE gives you even more mercy and grace upon grace.

We are blessed more than we realize, that CHRIST never leaves.... people move, and family and friends move away.  But our LORD JESUS CHRIST will always be there for us, in our hearts, moved in completely.....this we can count on because: JESUS IS LORD forever!

ACTS 16: 31 "Believe in the LORD JESUS, and you will be saved - you and your household."

Blessings,
Maxine


No comments:

Post a Comment