Wednesday, February 20, 2013

HIS REDEMPTIVE TABLE



I don't know about you, but I dream a lot about what Heaven will be like.  Every day I see GOD'S glorious creation and I believe that Heaven will be even more wonderful than we can imagine here!  In my quiet time, I become very reflective on this subject over and over again.

Because of my REDEEMER, I know that one day I will sit at HIS table.  All who accept and love CHRIST are invited!  I have come to realize more recently that I am a daughter of a KING... and I have been invited to the best party the world is ever going to see.  It is already written in HIS glorious book of all time, that I, Maxine, will sit at HIS Heavenly table along with other sinners like myself.  That table is being prepared for me in the presence of my enemies right now (Psalm 23)... and what a celebration it will be!

There will be no place at HIS table for broken hearts or souls... we will be healed and whole.

And here is a part of that daydream:

As I look into HIS eyes of grace, CHRIST takes my hand and gently sets me down upon a chair adorned with jewels.  HE says to me: "we were waiting for you."  As I look down at the huge table in front of me, I feel all eyes upon me, but foremost I feel love all around me, a love beyond anything I have ever known.

Every day I am here on this earth is an opportunity to live "for" HIM.  But how much more wonderful it will finally be to live "with" HIM.  I know that my thoughts are not HIS thoughts, but I do realize and I read in scripture that Heaven will be more incredible than anything here.   And I long for my other home.... the closer my relationship gets with CHRIST, the more I realize that I don't belong here.

And all of this would not be possible without my REDEEMER!  HE died for me, because HE would rather do that, than live without me!  It is hard to understand this kind of love, but it exists....I am redeemed in that love.... a love that goes as far as the East is from the West... a love that never ends!

1 Peter 1: 18-19 "For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were REDEEMED from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of CHRIST, a lamb without blemish or defect."

Blessings,
Maxine


No comments:

Post a Comment