Monday, February 25, 2013

GOD'S LOVE REDEEMS US OUT OF THE PIT



Are you in a pit today?  My picture above is not very pretty.... no pits ever are!  We all have our own personal pits.... pits of self-pity, pits of pride, pits of unforgiveness, and the list goes on and on! 

My own personal pit in the past few years has been just feeling and acting downcast with no joy in my life once the calendar reaches January.  With Christmas behind me I would always feel like, ok now what do I have to look forward to?

This year for me was quite different however, I don't know if it was getting out walking each and every day with my Molly, or was it being so rooted in the HIS word, or just praying more.  The word I chose for this year was: REDEEM.  I made up my mind to really embrace it.... embrace what it meant for me!

I came to an understanding that HIS blood shed for me, REDEEMS me.... little old me.  I realized that HE has a place for me waiting in Heaven, at HIS table.  That fact is certain, because I accept HIS mercy and love for me.... a sinner.  I also realized that no matter what, I cannot live without HIM.... I need HIM in my life.... every.... single.... day. 

In this realization and understanding of redemption, I came to a place of daily joy, no matter what my circumstances!  And that daily joy has seen me through to a place of keeping my eyes and focus on HIM.  It appears then, that my looking inward, has turned to outward, but even more important: UPWARD!

I feel and know this change is within me.... there is more of a spring in my step and just joy in all and whomever comes across my path.  It is realizing that HE walks with me and has walked with me because of HIS grace that will continue all the days of my life.... I love HIM more, because HE first loved me!

So my advice here is that whatever pit you are in, identify it, pray about it, but mostly deal head on with it, because it won't go away until HE helps you climb out of it!  And when you finally do, you will see a more beautiful world around you, and you will be free.

I love the book by BETH MOORE called:


It is a wonderful book about the fresh air you breathe when you climb once and for all out of the pit.  It is based on PSALM 40: 1-2: "I waited patiently for the LORD; and HE inclined to me, and heard my cry.  HE also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps."

My prayer for you dear reader is that GOD will REDEEM all your steps, give you all the fresh air you need, and that HE will pull you out of whatever pit you are presently in....you will then see HIS glory alone:



PSALM 103: 2-4 "Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all HIS benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion."

IN HIM,
Maxine

No comments:

Post a Comment