Tuesday, January 22, 2013

HIS REDEMPTIVE WORD



I am always amazed at how GOD'S word works in us and through us.... especially during morning  devotions!  I always start with: "GOD help me to "see" in your word and give me discernment. This morning was no exception.   My one word for this year was to REDEEM.  This morning in my devotion in 4 separate places it spoke about GOD'S redemptive plan.  One of the scriptures I was referred to was Ephesians 1: 7 "In HIM we have redemption through HIS blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of HIS grace which HE made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence." When a scripture speaks to me, and a one word keeps popping up, I really pay attention.

GOD'S redemptive plan is for each of us... it is a gift through grace given to us through JESUS CHRIST.  We just need to dig deep and accept it.  We need to realize that we are in very capable hands and that HIS path for us each day, has just enough light for the step we are on!

I am learning to TRUST what GOD sends my way... doesn't HE really know better anyway?  HE sees the full picture... I can only see 24 hours ahead if you will.  HE knows how many days I have here... I do not.  HE knows all the workings that are happening all around me... all those people, places, and events that are called according to HIS redemptive purpose.

What this all boils down to plain and simple is...  choice.  Do I choose to follow CHRIST or not.  Do I believe through and through that HE died for my sins?  HIS blood is my redemption!

In order for me to live a redemptive life, I need to accept this gift of GRACE.  Isn't it a wonderful and freeing thought to realize that no matter how awful or sinful I can be, that CHRIST for sure still loves me?  HIS plan for me might not be what I can see, but I do trust HIM and HIS wisdom more than anyone else here.  And I do choose CHRIST as the LORD of my life.  I choose to focus on the cross and all that it stands for... for me.

So I continue to "mark" HIS words daily because yes, in glorious recognition...  my REDEEMER LIVES!  And HE set me free!

1 Peter 1: 18: "For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed..."

No comments:

Post a Comment