Thursday, January 31, 2013

DEEP ROOTS - MY REDEEMER!




It was windy and quite cold yesterday.  I do have to remind myself that it is January!  I took my Molly out for a walk during the day, and some of the wind gusts almost took my breath away!  Isn't it interesting that trees withstand these winds and brutal weather, but in the end they become strong and their roots run deep!  Those tough winds are actually good for the strong growth of the tree.

Any of us would love to have a life with no problems... but often there are winds of change that enter our lives.  These storms of life can come upon us when we least expect it.  All of us experience different storms, and all of us just want to get in out of the cold.

But like a tree, these winds are there to make us stronger as we walk through life.  Like a tree, we need good roots... and we need water... and we need HIS word, and our GOD.

I sure would love to go through each day without any problems, and just sit and feel a cool summer breeze on my skin.  But I know sooner, rather than later, I would get bored with life.  I can look backward and see that the storms in my life have created the biggest spiritual growth within me.  My own personal storms made me reach for an anchor, for a rock to latch on to.  I always knew that I wasn't strong enough to withstand life totally on my own.  I believe that GOD puts this realization in us... there tends to be a hole that only HE can fill!

My rock became my LORD!  PSALM 40: 2 says: "HE set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand."  When I stand upon my ROCK, my Sovereign LORD, my REDEEMER, I can withstand any and all storms that come at me, whether I like them or not.  

So when the winds of change come, no matter how cold, or how strong, turn to GOD who never changes.  HE is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.  HE is comfort in pain, strength in weakness, all powerful, and ALMIGHTY!  Our REDEEMER lives each day alongside us, willing to be that DELIVERER... and that peace for us... when the storm is over!

2 Samuel 22: 1 "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer, my GOD is my rock, in whom I take refuge."

No comments:

Post a Comment