Saturday, November 17, 2012

GLORIFY!!


In this past year I have chosen the word GLORIFY to focus on daily.  Someone once said to me that it was an easy word to pick, however, to focus on GOD'S daily glory in our lives takes some hard concentration and perseverance.  Taking the focus off of self and giving GOD the glory in all circumstances makes you realize how human you are.

To GLORIFY GOD in a beautiful setting is fairly easy to do... you just need to look around and be in awe.  This past summer we took a car trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico, and I fell in love with the landscape and the look of the West.  I could see GOD'S hand in it all... it was a feast for the eyes... and it was good for my soul!

ISAIAH 6:3 "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD ALMIGHTY; the whole earth is full of HIS GLORY."

But the challenge of the word GLORIFY is when you are in difficult circumstances.  On a bad day, I tried to find time to GLORIFY HIM just for giving me the day.  When I saw tough pictures on the news of our fires here in my state and people losing all they had, I GLORIFIED HIM for those who rescued and those HE saved!

ROMANS 3:23 "...for all have sinned and fall short of  the GLORY of GOD."

When I focus on HIS GLORY though, I manage to take the focus off of myself.  And when I do this, I always feel better.  It feels right when I do this.  We have a choice to either sit in our pity, or GLORIFY HIM.  This year has taught me that.  Our future is uncertain, but I can chose to GLORIFY HIM.  I don't know what tomorrow will bring... but I can chose to give my GOD the glory!

ISAIAH 48:11 "I will not yield my GLORY to another."

This idea of GLORIFYING GOD at first took some conscious work and thought, but now I see that I do it instinctively.... I know that GOD has helped me with this.... I did not learn this on my own!  GOD is a great teacher, one whom I can trust!  HE never fails, HIS work is always pure.  And I trust that HE is working this GLORY in me, so that I can show HIS GLORY to others.

2 Corinthians 3:18 "And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the LORD'S GLORY, are being transformed into HIS likeness with everlasting GLORY, which comes from the LORD, who is the Spirit."




No comments:

Post a Comment