Monday, November 12, 2012

GLORY in HOPE



Since the election is now over, most of us have had time to ponder over what it all means.  I have seen many awful things posted on Facebook about both candidates.  It is hard for me to understand the political world with all of the cut throat comments that were thrown around.

I have also read e-mails from others and have even Googled the "End Times" for myself.  There are many including myself who see our America slipping away.  It is sad to think how many don't see this... I am grateful that GOD is giving me discernment in this area. 

But if you really study HIS WORD, then all that is happening around us should be no surprise!  This gradual slipping is warned of and since this is satan's world, we should not be surprised by his influence.  Even in biblical times, this was noted often.  We need now more than ever to keep our eyes and ears open! 

As Christians, we should not lose heart however, we should persevere, and realize that GOD is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.  Our comfort and our hope is that HE is in control!  In spite of all the bad that we see daily, HE is there somehow holding all of this awful world in HIS hands.  Honestly, I don't trust anyone other than my GOD!  I have HOPE in HIS wisdom!

When I was a little girl, my Dad told me that the ONE thing NO ONE could take from me, was my faith!  Yes, we can and probably will lose our freedoms in this country, but no one can EVER take our faith or take away our ponderings for CHRIST in our hearts or heads!

Yes we need to fight for our faith, and yes we need to have HOPE!  This is why CHRIST came in the first place... to give us a NEW HOPE.

We are in a battle each day... that is why we are instructed to put on the full "armor of GOD."  I think the result of these elections, have just put that all the more into perspective! 

I know in the coming days I will be even more in the WORD.... a word that gives me HIS HOPE.  And therefore, we should put on HIS armor so that "when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.  Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.  In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of GOD." Ephesians 6: 13-17

Don't lose HOPE...GOD is still in control!

Ephesians 6:10 "Finally, be strong in the LORD and in HIS mighty power."

No comments:

Post a Comment