Saturday, February 5, 2011

GOD'S PATH TO ABIDING

When I began this blog a few months back, I honestly had no direction as to where God would lead me with it.  I prayed God would give me some answers.  I am beginning to see clearly this journey, rather this path that the Lord has placed me on.  In searching to abide with HIM, my feet are firmly planted in the direction He will lead.  The delightful journey on a path is always what we see and do along the way.  My journey won't end of course until HE calls me home.

On this path I place my trust in HIS wisdom for me.  Psalm 40:2 says, "He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand."  In this abiding, I start to find my footing.  I realize my own is quite shaky...but HIS is firm, rock solid really.  It is secure...substantial.  I step out...HE gently takes my hand as I reach for HIM.  HIS touch is loving and full of grace.

My steps on this path are uncertain...HE says to abide.  I am fearful...HE says to trust.  I know I will eventually fail...HE says to persevere.  I continue to doubt...HE says to believe.


There is a wonderful freedom in this abiding with HIM.  HE encourages me to find joy along the way.  I can skip down this path of HIS, with joy, and see HIS blessings like flowers popping up everywhere.

I feel HIM leading me...I try not to question HIM.  HE says "this is the way, walk in it."  I tend to doubt, HE says "trust ME"...enjoy my presence step by step.  I want to go too fast... HE says, "let ME set the pace."  I want to reason it all through.  HE says, "have a childlike faith in ME."  I know in my heart that HE will help me over this path whether rocky or smooth.  This daily path winds around and takes me down into valleys of hurt and sadness...I try hard to look up.  Step by step HE leads me up mountains filled with delight.  The view is breathtaking.  I see and look far down ahead of me realizing only HE knows where it goes for me.  I want to see the end, but only HE knows the ultimate end for me.

My GOD tells me there is a great treasure and unsearchable riches waiting for me at the end of this journey called life.  I commit my way to HIM...HE says: "Be Still" and "Be Patient."  I continue to stumble but HE commands:  "you will not fall, for I will uphold you with my right hand."

So my path before me continues...each hour...each day...each year that comes.  I look back, HE says: "No regrets."  I look forward...HE says, in a gentle whisper, "Abide and follow me."

Psalm 16: 11 "You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."




No comments:

Post a Comment