Friday, April 4, 2014

WHAT IS YOUR RETIREMENT PLAN?


A sweet friend of mine was talking about retirement.....yes I am at that age where we are starting to think about what life will be like when we are old and gray.  She said something that was profound to me:: "the best retirement plan you can have is GOD."

How many of us are so concerned with what we will have and how much money we will have in the future without realizing that there is ONE we have that is priceless?  Are we keeping our eyes on the PRIZE? When life seems uncertain and times are tough are we keeping our focus on CHRIST?  I find that when my eyes are on HIM, circumstances fall away and don't seem so important anymore.  But in doing this I must have that steadfast trust in my LORD.  I must understand that HE ALONE knows my future, and my path, and HE is guiding me and refining me for HIS KINGDOM.

And oh what a wonderful KINGDOM it is.  JESUS said in JOHN 14: 2-4 "In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going."  This scripture has always been one of my favorites and one I have thought about over and over.  It sure does say to me that HEAVEN is a place.....a grand place.....and JESUS is there!  And I have to wonder what will my room be like?  I am certain it will be more wonderful than anything I have here.  I am also certain that our human minds have no understanding of it.....but I do know for certain that it will be a magnificent place to spend all of eternity.  It will be a glorious place to retire!

JESUS also said: "You know the way to the place where I am going."  I believe that GOD put eternity into the hearts of men and the only way there is through CHRIST our LORD.  At the present moment have you put some thought to your retirement.....the one that really matters in the light of eternity?  The best news of all is that it doesn't cost anything as far as money goes.  The only cost is your trust.....your faith, and your heart. 

ISAIAH 26: 4 "Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD is the ROCK eternal." 




No comments:

Post a Comment