Wednesday, August 28, 2013

PINWHEELS OF JOY



There is much that I see these days that give me joy..... maybe it is because there is so much scary stuff going on in the world that I choose to find that daily JOY through GOD'S help.  This morning as I was walking our pup Molly, we turned onto a back trail where the homes have large yards.  In the corner of one yard I saw them.... 3 brightly colored pinwheels rotating quickly in the wind!  They were turning and turning with each other as if to say:  "it is a splendid morning and we take great joy in it!"

I must admit I stopped to look at them only because they looked so happy together.  And I remembered when I was a little girl, holding a pinwheel out the car window and watching it rotate and laughing in joy at it.   I do believe that GOD'S perspective helps us to look at the simple and to find joy there! 

In Acts 2:28 it says: "You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence."  I don't know about you, but I feel GOD'S presence the most when I am surrounded by nature.  Lately HE has steered me onto the right paths for me to see those joy-filled objects or even deer or butterflies - anything that is a joyful feast for my eyes.  I usually see one memorable "joy" each day.  I walk away with a smile on my face for sure.

GOD wants us to have that awakened soul that is thrilled to be in HIS presence daily and to treasure HIS presence with us.  I find the more I do this, the more I realize HIS gifts bestowed upon me and my family.  Every day is a gift.... every trial whether difficult or easy becomes an opportunity for joy in my realization that HE is with me no matter what.  I trust that HE is there, and the more I do this, the more I understand what James means when he says: "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds...." James 1: 2

Let us all pray for HIS joy to come into our souls and surround us!  For heavens sake, isn't there enough bad news in the world today?  Let us be an example to others of HIS joy within us.   I pray today dear reader that you will find your joy and be glad in it!


PSALM 21: 6 "YOU make him glad with the joy of YOUR presence."
 

1 comment:

  1. Maxine, Your pinwheel post is soooo cute and soooo true. It is good to find God and His joy every day in the fun things around us and in His nature. Your pinwheels pictures are fun to see and I can imagine your joy at seeing them on your walk with Molly. Thank you, Judy

    ReplyDelete