Tuesday, June 26, 2012

SEEING HIS GLORY THROUGH MY TEARS




It has been one month since we put down our sweet Charlie.  I still cry each day.  My tears are a comfort to me and they seem to come the most when I take my walks alone.  Believe me, my heart breaks with each and every step.  I remember him on every path I walk.  We spent so many years together walking that I don't think there is one path not taken by the two of us.  And now there is one of us walking... and I cry out to my GOD in pain.

Grief is like that... it does come when we least expect, and it hurts deep.  My parents passed quite a few years ago, and I still grieve for them as well.  Sometimes the grief surfaces when I least expect it.  A thought or picture or music will send me into tears instantly.  But all my tears are a comfort really, because HE says to me that HE is near.  And to hold on with all I have!

With grief you just want some comfort... I have received that from many friends with hugs and cards.  I feel my GOD surrounding me with lots of love and a new path to comfort my soul.

I had the opportunity last week to start some training with Freedom Service Dogs, located here in Colorado.  They are an organization that trains service dogs to match with recipients that are in great need.  These dogs are highly trained and there are some that don't make the final cut... those are put up for adoption.  I do hope to find my next dog there.  In the meantime, I get the wonderful privilege to walk, pet, or foster a dog.  This non-profit organization is a success due to many volunteer hours and contributions.  If you are interested in learning more about this organization or wish to make a donation, please visit: www.freedomservicedogs.org

I feel that GOD led me to this opportunity to give me back some joy and to give my empty hands some purpose.  Along the way, my soul will get some healing too, and I will see HIS glory in it and HIS hope in each day to come.

COLOSSIANS 1:27 "To them GOD has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is CHRIST in you, the hope of glory."

No comments:

Post a Comment