Saturday, April 28, 2012

I am awake in the middle of the night and my worry begins... worry over our children never stops!  It doesn't matter whether they are 7 or 27!  My son has taken to riding his bike back and forth to work and it gives me cause to worry.  I worry about other drivers, not him and his abilities on a bike.

And so I am trusting my GOD to keep him safe... and in the middle of the night when all of my problems weight more heavily on my heart, I find myself begging GOD!  Seeking HIM with my whole heart, focused more than at any other time!

What is it about the middle of the night that makes our thoughts seem so ominous?  Is it the darkness?  Why does my mind run away with me?  I find that when I turn my thoughts towards GOD that HE sheds HIS glorious light on my problems.  HE is always my answer... HE always sheds light on darkness!  1 PETER 2:9 says: "... that you may declare the praises of HIM who called you out of darkness into HIS wonderful light."  As HIS children we should always be seeking this light.

I put my trust in HIM when I know that I can't trust myself... HE says to me: "I am here... always and forever... TRUST.  So I put my heart and my head in HIS capable hands and fall back asleep only to dream a wonderful dream about a day spent with my son.  GOD'S small gift to me as I sleep more soundly. 

I know that GOD watches our comings and goings and for sure, our slumber.  And I rest in this thought, and ponder HIS glorious provisions for us... and in learning to trust, I give HIM back all the glory!

PSALM 56: 4 "... in GOD I trust; I will not be afraid."

THIS Post Is Dedicated to my wonderful son whom I place in GOD'S capable hands every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment