Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What is GOOD ENOUGH for you?


It is Fall here in beautiful Colorado and thinking about this past summer until now made me realize that our weather has been so pleasant.  It has been good enough.  We have had sunny days with just enough rain and just enough heat.  Not too much and not too little.  Our Fall has been beautiful with just enough wind to blow the leaves all around. It has been not too cold and not too hot.  There has been just enough cloudy days too.

So this got me thinking:  what is GOOD ENOUGH for me??  We all have much we can be thankful for, but if you couldn't have any of it, what would be the one thing that would be good enough for you?"  The dictionary defines the word " enough"  like this:  as much as or as many as necessary; sufficient - the amount needed.

Right now where I am in my life, Jesus is ENOUGH for me. He gives me just enough of what I need for each day.  And that "just enough" is His love and grace.  I know that I am far from sufficient - He completes me and makes me whole.  I am a finite vessel and His grace fills me up. 

How wonderful to realize then, that Christ and His love for us stretches way beyond our understanding. He is endless, not just enough, more than enough.  In 2 Peter 1:3 it says: "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness." NIV

I am comforted in the fact that He knows my strengths and weaknesses; He knows my comings and goings and yet each day He gives me just enough blessings to realize that He is there - my ever sufficient companion.

My husband's response to the question what would be good enough for you was for him to not have any daily worries.  I tend to be a doubter and worrier.  These are small momentary troubles for me.  But I find at the end of the day Jesus has given me just enough strength and wisdom to conquer those troubles.  He gives me just enough grace to look at myself in His eyes as if He were saying to me: "it's alright, because I am sufficient for you."  God said to Paul in 2 Corinthians12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." NCV

I have many times where I feel I don't have enough in me to make it through the day and Jesus, my Lord gives me the power and strength to "fill me up," to get me through.

As I ponder about life, my life, I see that all that I have: my health, job, family, and friends is just Enough of what I need.  All these blessings are God given.  The riches of God's love will always be enough for me.  My God will continue to be my refuge, my strength, my shield, my anchor and my love - my all-sufficient God who is enough for me!!

So how about you?  What is Enough for you?  I pray that you look all around you and see that God has already given you just Enough of what you need.

"Whom have I in heaven but you?  I desire you more than anything on earth." Psalm 73:25 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment