Tuesday, October 14, 2014

BE STILL



It was a few short months ago that we made our move here to Arizona.  Today my hubby and I stood in line for an hour for me to register my car and get my new license plates and so it is official!  We have been busy with the usual activities you do when you move.  But now time has passed and things have slowed a bit.

In the midst of it all however, I have had a nagging unsettled feeling.  It hasn't been something I can really put my finger on and I don't know exactly what is causing it.  Maybe because of the move to a different state and leaving everything I have known for 30 years behind, or this feeling may be due to all the recent news.  It seems to be all bad and it weighs on my heart because of the life and death issues.  I am in the midst of a storm of feelings for sure and then this morning I came across this piece of scripture in Psalms: 107: 29-30 "HE stilled the storm to a murmur, and the waves of the sea were hushed.  They rejoiced when the waves grew quiet. Then HE guided them to the harbor they longed for."

As Christians we know that GOD will come in the midst of our storms, but do we know that we must "be still" in order to rejoice and then to be guided towards what our hearts long for? Psalm 46:10 says: "Be still and know that I am GOD."  I am finding only when I am "still" with HIM that my storm does cease to a murmur.  I will admit like anyone else, that it is truly difficult to capture each thought for CHRIST, I so often get in the way!  It is only when I consciously still my mind and thoughts that HE guides me to the truth that I long for, that my heart needs to hear.  When I allow this process to happen, then that nagging unsettled feeling goes away.  Why is that?  We have so much access to information these days that the storms around us never cease.....we have to choose to quell these constant storms every single day......to quiet our minds, body, and our hearts. We have to choose to get out of HIS way, to trust and to choose to follow HIM.....to choose to just BE..... with..... HIM.  Find the quiet in your day and don't let the world dictate how your day should go.  It will be a challenge because this world wants to define us. But only in CHRIST are we defined, redeemed and our souls quieted and nourished. 

When your eyes are on HIM, your storm WILL be stilled to a murmur.  And it is only then, that HE guides us to the harbor of Heaven that we long for.


PSALM 112: 7 " He will not fear bad news; his heart is confident, trusting in the LORD."

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment