Wednesday, September 12, 2012

GLORY IN HIS RAIN


It is raining here today... we don't get much rain in Colorado.  When we do, it usually comes and goes quite quickly.  But today it has been a steady gentle rain... quiet and much needed.  It is a form of washing and refreshment, all for the flowers and trees and grass, but also for my soul. 

I know that GOD'S grace washes away my sins... daily, weekly, and year after year.  I find myself in sin daily, whether it be in thought, word, or deed.  And I continually ask HIM to forgive me, over and over.  I am so thankful that my GOD is a GOD of second, and third and forth chances and so on!  I ask... HE forgives me.  HE forgives me continually!

Water and it's significance is so prevalent in the Bible.  The disciples were fishermen who lived on the water.... and CHRIST calmed the storm for them in the book of Matthew.  We are baptized with water, and we wash with it... water is healing in all forms.  One of the first miracles that CHRIST performed was turning water into wine at the wedding at Cana, and CHRIST walked on water Himself. 

So I love rain when it comes... it makes me realize that all that is bad, or sinful, or ugly, can be washed away.  And water can cleanse, and create hope, and renew.  Cleansed... made pure... pure just like CHRIST'S love and grace!

Next time it rains, go outside and turn your face up towards the water, and feel the glory of HIS mercy raining down on you.  Glorious water... glorious rain... glorious CHRIST!


TITUS 3:5 "HE saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit."






No comments:

Post a Comment